Thanks to our Sandlot gang, volunteers and sponsors, we are on our way to finishing the two Clayborne Avenue homes for two well-deserving families. Both Homes will be constructed to EarthCraft Gold standards. Through a partnership with Grid Alternatives the homes will also include solar panels. The energy efficiency of the homes will lower the homeowner’s energy costs, help maintain the affordability and provide the residents with a healthy living environment.The homes are expected to be completed at the end of summer 2016.
For more progress photos, follow us on Facebook!
- Next Up: Dry walling!
- March 2016: Major electrical, plumbing and mechanical systems installed; Siding installed
- January 2016: Windows installed
- December 2015: Roof framed; Sheathing installed
- August 2015: Framing
- April 2015: Foundation walls completed
- On December 2014: Dilapidated house on the property razed to make way for two new single-family homes.
- Groundbreaking Ceremony was held on October 30, 2014. Read our press release about the event.
- Habitat NOVA selected two families to become the homeowners for the two new homes.
- Prospective homeowner orientation was held in February 2013. More than 90 people attended, in hopes of becoming a first time homeowner.
- Habitat NOVA purchased a property on Clayborne Avenue in the Groveton Heights neighborhood of Fairfax County in December 2012. The property is comprised of two lots with a combined square footage of 19,670 square feet. An existing dilapidated structure, which straddled the two lots, has been demolished. Two new homes will be built on the property.
Thank you to the following organizations and businesses for helping us build strength, stability and self-reliance through affordable homeownership:
- The Stafford Foundation
- Capital One
- Leidos, Inc.
- Wells Fargo
- Freddie Mac
- Fannie Mae
- Sanchez Palmer Architects
- Triad Engineering, Inc.
- Bean, Kinney & Korman, P.C.
- American Cowboy Roofing
- Architectural Ceramics
- Blaylock Design & Build, LLC
- Cosentino Center Washington DC
- Cotton, Inc.
- Delmarva Trailers & Containers
- The Dow Chemical Company
- Easy Bins Dumpster Rentals
- GRID Alternatives Mid-Atlantic
- Hunter Douglas
- James Hardie Building Products
- JLB Partners
- Lumber Liquidators
- Marblex Design International, Inc.
- The Owens Companies
- Scaffold Resource
- Therma-Stor, LLC
- TW Perry
- Virginia Paving Company
- Yale Locks & Hardware
Support Our Work through a Financial Donation: