Donate a Vehicle to Cars for Homes — Habitat for Humanity of Northern Virginia’s Car Donation Program
Car donations are another way to support Habitat for Humanity of Northern Virginia’s mission. When you donate a car to Cars for Homes, you will help Habitat for Humanity build and rehabilitate houses in Alexandria, Arlington, Fairfax and Falls Church for families in need of affordable shelter.
The car donation process is quick and easy.
You can donate online or with a toll-free phone call to 1-877-277-4344. If you donate an automobile or other vehicle, you may be eligible for a tax deduction.
- Proceeds from the sale of your car help your local Habitat for Humanity build and renovate houses with families in need.
- It’s fast and easy. Learn more about how vehicle donations work (link to FAQ page).
- You may receive a tax deduction if you itemize (link to tax deduction info).
- Recycling your car saves energy and natural resources.
How do I donate my car in Virginia?
You can donate your vehicle in 3 easy steps with Cars for Homes:
- Start your donation online by navigating to our donation wizard, or call our hotline: 1-877-277-4344
- Our team will ask you to provide such as vehicle make, model, vehicle identification number (VIN) and current mileage.
- If your vehicle is accepted, you can schedule your car to be picked up.
What paperwork do I need to donate my car in Northern Virginia?
- Virginia requires a Certificate of Title in order to donate your car.
- To complete your car donation to Habitat for Humanity of Northern Virginia, transfer your title by entering the name of the agency that processes our car donations, ADVANCED REMARKETING SERVICES in the buyer/purchaser field. Then, PRINT and SIGN your name in the seller/owner field EXACTLY as it appears at the top of the title.
For more information about Cars for Homes™, Habitat’s official automobile donation program, visit www.carsforhomes.org. To donate a car, truck, boat or RV to Cars for Homes™, call (877) 277-4344 toll free or donate online: