Building a home alongside other volunteers and partner families is rewarding and a great way to get to know your community! Volunteers participate in construction on Wednesdays, Fridays, and Saturdays. No construction experience is necessary, we’re here to help! We have a site supervisor and site leaders on each construction site who will give you instructions and will always be available to answer any questions you may have.
If you would like to be notified about Community Build Day opportunities, please create an account in Volunteer Hub at the link below. Email updates will be sent out when opportunities become available.
Construction Volunteer Policies
- Volunteers ages 16 and older are welcome on our construction sites!
- Community Service hours are available as a Construction Volunteer.
What to Expect as a Construction Volunteer
- Arrive by 8:15 a.m. (Community Build Days typically wrap up around 3:00 p.m.)
- We provide an orientation and safety briefing before volunteers start working.
- Dress for the weather. Dress in layers on cold days. Wear rain gear on wet days. Wear long, but cool, pants/shirts on hot days, and don’t forget the sunscreen!
- You may work alongside a future Habitat NOVA homeowner.
- Habitat NOVA provides safety gear, building materials, tools and supervision.
- We provide water.
- Please view a brief safety video prior to the Volunteer Build Day.
- We will build rain or shine. A build day will only be canceled if the weather conditions or home build site are unsafe for volunteers and staff.
Volunteering as a Group
Community, faith, corporate, service and other groups, as well as individuals, can sponsor a build day and volunteer as a group. The number of volunteers we can take in a group will depend on the project.
Faith and community groups, please email Liz Salter, Volunteer and Events Coordinator:
Corporate and civic groups, please email Liz Salter, Volunteer and Events Coordinator: