Building a home alongside other volunteers and partner families is rewarding and a great way to get to know your community! Volunteers participate in construction on Wednesdays and Saturdays, on sites such as the Douglass Avenue home in Falls Church. No construction experience is necessary, we’re here to help! We have a site supervisor on each construction site that will give you instructions and help you get started. Site leaders will always be available to answer any questions and provide you with support throughout the day.
Construction Volunteer Policies:
- Volunteers ages 16 and older are welcome on our construction sites!
- All volunteers must complete our Volunteer Waiver form. Download the form here.
- Volunteers ages 18 and under must also have a Parent/Guardian signature on their waiver form.
- Community Service hours are available as a Construction Volunteer.
Construction Volunteer Facts:
- Build days begin at 9 a.m. and typically wrap up around 3:30 p.m.
- All volunteers must be present for the orientation and safety briefing that begins at 9 a.m.
- Habitat provides water. Volunteers are asked to bring a packed lunch.
The last Saturday of each month is designated as our Community Volunteer Day. This is an opportunity for any individual to come out and volunteer. Spots are filled on a first come, first serve basis. If you would like to be notified about upcoming or last-minute Community Day opportunities, please sign up for our volunteer opportunity email!
Community groups, faith groups, corporate groups and individuals can sponsor a build day and volunteer with up to 12 people.
Faith and community groups, please email Pheobe Bicknell, Outreach Manager:
Corporate and civic groups, please email Peter Larson, Director of Development:
Our current project is located in Falls Church. To view the partnership package, click below:
Women Build Week
Women Build is a weeklong Habitat event in which women are encouraged to volunteer on our construction site! The event is typically held the week leading up to Mother’s Day. These dates are significant to many volunteers, as families with children make up a staggering number of those in need of adequate housing. During this week we dedicate our Wednesday and Saturday build days to this event. Guys are invited too! More information to come on Women Build 2014!