To apply: please send a cover letter, resume, and salary requirements to email@example.com.
Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis.
TITLE: ReStore Director
EFFECTIVE DATE: June 1, 2015
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT: Full-time, exempt
POSITION SUMMARY: The goal of this position is to develop and implement strategies and actionable plans for promoting Habitat NOVA’s retail operations at both existing ReStores. Additionally, this position will be responsible for leading the planning and execution of a third ReStore. This position will be responsible for ReStore operations, staff development and financial planning and management for all three locations.
This position is supervised by: Executive Director
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE POSITION INCLUDE:
1. Maintain high levels of customer and donor service.
2. Maximize organizational profits
3. Oversee strategic planning for growth
4. Provide vision for additional profit opportunities
5. Address or attend conferences on behalf of the ReStore
6. Oversee donation receiving process and call center
7. Oversee inventory management including pricing and turnover
8. Develop relationships with existing and potential donors to increase the quality and quantity of donations
9. Develop relationships with business and neighborhood associations to increase awareness of ReStore brand
10. Work with marketing staff to develop and execute marketing plan and strategy to include advertising, social media etc.
11. Provide leadership and approval to the ReStore managers including: two store managers and two assistant managers; with particular focus on the areas of planning, organization and management.
12. Oversee goal development
13. Provide training plans and complete scheduled management evaluations on a bi-yearly basis
14. Serve as the ReStore representative to the Habitat NOVA Leadership Team & Board of Directors (as necessary).
15. Assist and direct managers in accountability processes that encourage staff responsibility for their job performance and maintain moral
16. Establish and maintain staff culture that aligns with the Habitat for Humanity mission
17. Ensure all HR policies are communicated on a regular basis and stores are in compliance with policies at all times
18. Engage with volunteers as needed to maximize their participation and impact on the mission
19. Work in conjunction with the CEO and CFO to develop an annual operating budget and recommended capital expenditures
20. Provide updates as required to keep Leadership Team and Board of Directors apprised of the current status of financial performance as compared to budgeted goals
21. Oversee financial controls
22. Work with Finance Manager to provide budget management, analysis and recommendations.
Minimum Education and Experience
1. Bachelor’s degree required.
2. Ability to provide personal transportation. Habitat NOVA currently has stores located in Alexandria and Chantilly, VA.
3. Minimum ten years prior work experience, preferably five years in retail or business management of a multi – location operation (operations, strategy, marketing, finance)
4. Strong computer skills, including Microsoft Office suite and Outlook e-mail, and SalesForce.
5. Financial experience required: ability to create and monitor budgets and perform complex analyses
6. Knowledge of sales, marketing and logistics.
1. Indoors in air-conditioned/heated office, outdoors/indoors on-location for various activities.
2. Equipment Use:
a. Includes use of PC, laser printer, copy machine, fax machine, and telephone.
b. May include transporting of documents, deposits, contracts, and other critical materials.
c. May include use of some heavy equipment such as a scissors lift.
3. Work Hours:
a. Hours to be determined in accordance with the evolving needs of the affiliate; currently 40 hours per week.
b. Position may require occasional morning, evening and weekend activities.
MENTAL, PHYSICAL AND COMMUNICATION DEMANDS:
The mental, physical, and communication demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. Requires working alone or with minimal supervision. Must be self-motivated.
2. Requires patience and tact.
3. Requires intense attention to detail
This position description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job related duties required by their supervisor. This document does not create an employment contract implied or otherwise, other than an “at-will” relationship, in accordance with the employment laws of the Commonwealth of Virginia.