Habitat for Humanity of Northern Virginia (Habitat NOVA) recently finished rehabilitating a townhome on Garbo Court in Annandale. This home will not be part of the traditional Habitat NOVA program, but is consistent with our mission. It is now for sale to first-time homebuyers who meet certain requirements.
CLICK HERE to download a PDF of the qualifications and contract terms
The applicant(s) must secure a mortgage themselves.
There will be an open house on Saturday, May 2, 2015. For more information, call Josie at 703-521-9890 x100 or email email@example.com.
Habitat for Humanity of Northern Virginia (Habitat NOVA) recently finished rehabilitating the Princess Street townhome in Old Town Alexandria. This home will not be part of the traditional Habitat NOVA program, but is consistent with our mission to provide affordable homeownership opportunities. It is now for sale at an affordable price with deed restrictions to first-time homebuyers who meet certain requirements.
CLICK HERE to download a PDF
of the deed restrictions and contract terms.
The remodeled home will still be part of the affordable housing stock of the city but will no longer be entitled to tax relief. The applicant(s) must also secure a mortgage themselves.
To view the listing for this property, please click here.
Please direct all inquiries to Joe Facenda, RE/MAX Presidential, at 703-573-2500 or Joe@JoeFacenda.com.
On April 2, the Arlington Chamber of Commerce featured an article from Habitat for Humanity of Northern Virginia’s director of real estate development on its blog. Click here to read the article about ways employers can play a role in addressing affordable housing needs in Northern Virginia.
JOB SUMMARY: This position is responsible for the pick-up of merchandise from donors, safely packing the merchandise in the ReStore truck and trailer, returning to ReStore and unpacking merchandise.
This position is supervised by: ReStore Manager/Donations Manager ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE JOB INCLUDE:
- Passing DOT Certification (involves drug and alcohol testing).
- Loading and unloading all donated materials from donors’ homes and businesses.
- Screening for product usability when donors call or bring in donations.
- Communicating with management regarding incoming donations.
- Supervising volunteers, as needed, making their experience meaningful.
- Driving HFHNV vehicles to pick-up and deliver donated goods
- Maintaining an effective working relationship with ReStore staff, volunteers, Habitat homeowners and ReStore customers.
- Operating a cash register to document sale of merchandise. Refer to established pricing schedules and office records to verify pricing.
- Processing cash, credit card and check transactions, following established procedures for each type of sale.
- Operating a forklift
- Answering telephone and providing ReStore information, directions, meeting the caller’s needs.
- Daily cleaning and straightening of ReStore drive-thru, keeping it neat and clean.
- Other Duties as assigned.
Unique Knowledge & Skills
- Familiarity with and commitment to Habitat’s mission, methods, principles, and structure.
- Knowledge and experience in retail sales.
- Must pass Criminal Background Check and Sexual Offender Check.
- Must be able to safely lift and position up to 100 pounds.
- Ability to spend majority of the day standing or moving about ReStore. Work may require climbing ladders, considerable standing, bending, kneeling, and reaching in awkward and tiring positions.
- Ability to operate a cash register, office equipment and accurately make change.
Minimum Education and Experience
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Must have a driver’s license and maintain a good driving record (requires company’s auto insurance approval).
- Minimum one year experience driving a 26-foot box truck.
- Must be 25 years of age or older Special Requirements
- DOT Certification
- Position requires working 40 hours per week, Monday through Saturday and Sundays (rarely).
- This position may be subject to inclement weather and non-air-conditioned/non-heated office, outdoors/indoors on-location for various activities. Conditions may include:
- Loud noises;
- Exposure to extreme temperatures
- Other various adverse working conditions associated with outdoor work.
- Equipment Use
- Includes driving a 26 & 10 foot box truck.
- Includes use of a fork lift.
- Includes use of PC, cash register, laser printer, copy machine, fax machine, and telephone
- May include transporting of documents, deposits, contracts, and other critical materials
- Work Hours:
- Hours to be determined in accordance with the changing needs of the affiliate; currently 40 hours per week
- Position may require occasional evening and weekend activities
To apply, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don’t contact this job poster.
Do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers.
Habitat NOVA’s ReStores recently added Savers Donation Network bins inside the stores for customers to donate clothing, shoes and linens. Habitat NOVA partners with Savers Donation Network, which operates local Savers thrift stores whose sales of donated items help support charities.
Savers accepts items like clothing, shoes, linens and curtains, jewelry, small housewares and soft household items which our ReStores don’t. The partnership generates funds to help support our mission to provide affordable homeownership opportunities in Alexandria, Arlington, Fairfax and Falls Church.
Savers also offers free home pick up service. To schedule a donation pick up, please call Savers Donation Network at 855-828-0687 or visit http://www.charity-net.com/partner/hfhnva.
To schedule a pick up of large appliances, furniture, building materials or home improvement supplies, please call ReStore Alexandria (869 S. Pickett St.) at 703-360-6700 or ReStore Chantilly (4311 Walney Rd.) at 703-953-3747, or complete this online form.