What is AmeriCorps?
AmeriCorps is a National Service program that provides an opportunity for individuals to serve full-time with Habitat for Humanity to help meet the housing needs of communities and families throughout the United States.
Habitat NOVA is looking for new AmeriCorps members! Check out our open positions:
- Construction Crew Leader
- Family Services Development
- ReStore Development
These positions begin in August/September 2015 and end in June/July 2016. To apply, click on the position in which you’re interested above.
- Living allowance of $12,530 paid over 46.5 weeks (National Direct) or $15,996 paid over a year (VISTA),
- Health insurance and workers compensation insurance (or equivalent),
- Education award of $5,730 that can be used for current education costs at qualified schools, approved school-to-work programs, or to pay back qualified student loans already incurred,
- Deferment of qualified student loans and payment of interest that accrues during the term of service,
- Housing benefits,
- Child care, if eligible
We are looking for individuals who want to serve, have leadership experience and ability, good communication skills, ability to work individually and on a team, patience and flexibility.
- Interested in gaining experience with Habitat for Humanity?
- An organizer, a resource-builder, a self-starter, a good communicator and able to live on a budget?
- Interested in helping improve low-income communities?