Habitat for Humanity of Northern Virginia Builds New Home in Falls Church
Construction volunteers are building a new two-story, 1200 sq. ft. home on Douglass Avenue in Falls Church, VA. The new three bedroom, two bath home will be constructed to meet EarthCraft energy standards as well as visitibility standards.
- December 2013: Roof trusses installed
- October 2013: Framing continues
- September 2013: Subfloor constructed, framing begins
- August 2013: site cleared, foundation poured, stem walls constructed
- Groundbreaking Ceremony was held on June 25, 2013. Read our press release and see photos from the event. Watch television news coverage from the event.
- Muhsin Khalil and Amani Salih are selected to become the homeowners for the new home. The family completes more than 50 hours of sweat equity before the official Groundbreaking.
- Prospective homeowner orientation was held in February 2013. More than 90 people attended, in hopes of becoming a first time homeowner.
- Habitat NOVA Purchased a property on Douglass Avenue in Falls Church, VA in May, 2012. The Douglass Avenue Property, in the Providence District of Fairfax County consists of two parcels with a joint square footage of 4,755 sq. ft. The existing house and shed on the property are in disrepair and beyond rehabilitation.
Your gift to the Douglass Avenue project will offer a home-ownership opportunity for a low-income, northern Virginia family.